Monday, September 8, 2008

Build, make and do



[photosource: The Face Hunter]

[from Saint Dymphna]

So, I have an English exam tomorrow and so should probably be filling my head with Pride and Prejudice quotes, but instead I can't stop listening to this song, it's really fantastic. It makes me think simultaneously of Kate Bush/Imogen Heap if I liked either of them that much, which I don't. The electronic glitches, lovely guitar sounds and fantastic female vocalist all of which have some serious angst make for a really great track. Can't wait for this album which is released on October 21st on The Social Registry


***


Also:


New music by old friends all about the place that must be looked at:

1. New Spoon.
Spoon released one of my favourites from last year, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga, and Britt is back with a new live song 'Who Backs Your Money?' at The Sly Oyster, which is definitely worth listening to.

2. New M.I.A.  
Well, this isn't strictly new M.I.A. but she certainly does feature. The full length collaboration that's been exciting the blogosphere between Malawaian singer Esau Mwamwaya and Radioclit has had a leak of a heavily M.I.A. featuring 'Rain Dance'. You can find it at GorillavsBear. Esau Mwamwaya has also done a great cover of Vampire Weekend's Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa, everyone seems to be covering these guys lately, no suprises really seeing as they write just fantastic pop songs. Find it here and also available for purchase on iTunes.

Aswell I'd like to share the new video for YACHT's great summer song 'Summer Song'. It made me laugh out loud for a long time, so watch it and stick with it right to the end. [via Off The Record]


No comments: