Monday, April 6, 2009

Fall asleep to forget about, him





The Pains of Being Pure At Heart - Young Adult Friction

[The Pains of Being Pure At Heart]

I skipped uni the other day, I skipped my brother's birthday, I skipped my evening shift, seem unable to do the things that I can usually do. I took the car and drove three hours through magic dripping forests punctuated by small towns with skate parks and weird lights. While dusk was gathering around me this long road stretched out in front of me and a old ute rattled along stopping me from going the speed I wanted to, I accelerated and went to overtake, racing the car coming in the other direction. My foot is on the floor, I'm going faster than I ever had before and I can see the eyes of the guy coming the other way. Faster, faster. I just slip into the gap between the two cars with my eyes wide, my breath coming in short gasps, excited shakes, a wicked grin and an uncomfortable reaquaintance with I-BLAME-YOU nihilism. What the fuck.

Sorry guys, no more excuses, a few things have shaken my priorities around, but I'm back into a routine almost, so hopefully blogging more regularly will be too.

[Buy The Pains of Being Pure At Heart. If you haven't already, why haven't you? Seriously you shouldn't need me to tell you to buy this record.]

[Buy Young Adult Friction 7"]

[myspace]

No comments: