Sunday, July 19, 2009

To go away and not look back

[the satorialist]


So it's not really that much of a secret that I'm a fan of Atlas Sound, I'm sure even Bradford realises it, after basically falling to his feet in worship (not really) when I met him at the Brisbane Deerhunter show last month. I'm also a massive Animal Collective and Panda Bear fan, Person Pitch, still hasn't really left my regular listening since it's release over 2 years ago. So I was appropriately excited when I heard about this collaboration, which will appear on the new Atlas Sound LP Logos (which is out on October 10th on Kranky).
This song does not disappoint at all, sounding as if it would've been equally at home on Person Pitch and many laid back, bliss filled summer evenings, I've had this on repeat since I first listened about two hours ago. It sounds like a fresh start, a familiar deep breath and a high five between possibly my two favourite musicians.
My best friend loves to start her night with her hair up. Her golden locks start up in a loose bun until she deems it the 'right time' to let her hair down (usually third or fourth beer) she shakes her hair out and it curls everywhere around her grinning face, flicking her cigarette with blue painted fingernails and bopping along to the tune.
By the way, Brisbane, as you may have heard Animal Collective are playing the Tivoli on December 10th! I'm beyond excited! I'll see you there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh I love pandas!
Here I bought a cuddly panda bag (L) that I can hardly put it down!
I believe it is a GREAT find for every panda fanatic!
hkpanda.freetzi.com