Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ripped knees

[can't remember where i got this photo from]


White Denim - Let's Talk About It


I kind of ignored White Denim's existence for a while. But because of my recent love for angular guitars and Wire-esque post punk I was urged in their direction. This song is off of Workout Holiday which I'm trying to get my hands on to in Brisbane, but I'll just have to content myself with myspace in the meantime.

This song is called 'Let's Talk About It', but White Denim doesn't really want to talk about it. Not talk about it in the sense that they want to hold a civilised conversation. This is about bringing up an issue we've been awkwardly dancing around and they want to talk about it, tell you about it, scream, sing themselves hoarse all about it, run their guitars ragged about it and they want you to listen because they're right, alright? End of story.


***

Also:

Randy Randall from No Age has been directing a short film documenting the Altamount Apparal skate team trip to Paris and it's called the Foreigners. The soundtrack features No Age songs, the teaser is below and features one of my favourite's from No Age's Nouns - 'Ripped Knees'. It looks fantastic, can't wait to see the whole thing.


No comments: