Thursday, November 13, 2008

What you have in your hand

[via Loveology]


This week I finished the last of my high school assessment and the weather seemed to pick up on the escasties of my friends and I. It's been a lovely week of too hot, muggy weather that makes my blood sing even louder and my skin burn with the sun as well as my excitement. I feel light, free and full of optimism for the future, fully aware of my strengths and the strengths of all the wonderful people around me. Here's two songs that are, I suppose, soundtracking these days for me in a most spectacular way:





Indie pop at its very, very, very best. Gloriously infectious in a way that makes you thankful that you've got something this great to sing along to as you skip down the street. It's feelings in sound in all their complexity: wondering, hesitant and confusing even in happiness. Full acknowledgement that we can't ever turn your brain off for just a minute and just stop thinking. Can we enjoy this moment now or do we only know how to enjoy the prospects of the future and smiles from our pasts?
[from Yes or No which you should get if you know what's good for you, I love every song on this album]



The Very Best - Tengazako

Last year's summer anthem is remade into something, possibly, even more uplifting by The Very Best [go here - you can download to the entire album/mixtape for free!], I've posted about these guys before, as I said, they're a collaboration between the fantastic Malawian singer Esau Mwamwaya and Radioclit. I really cannot get enough of the clear and uplifting voice of Esau over the much loved guitar of 'Paper Planes'. Bend your knees, raise your arms and let the familiar sounds wash over you.


No comments: