Monday, May 18, 2009

"Do you want to come away with me into the pitch black pool?" And i said, "i don't know, i don't know, i don't know..."


Deerhunter - Vox Humana

[Weird Era Cont.]

Black fingernails, double entendres as if you don't know how to be straightforward anymore. I dropped your drink on purpose cause I'd love to see you get angry with me - but you're still fucking ambivalent even in anger. And so I drank twice as much until your charming voice sounded like charms and I was reciting our entire history in my head while our sides were touching and you laughed at my friends, not with them. You think you're pretty clever don't you boy.


And my parents want to know what's wrong. Because my head is so scattered I'm still a wreck even in the shining sun after sleeping for fourteen hours straight. And there's a nice boy who likes me and things could be nice. But I can't look twice at him. Because when I haven't spoken to you in a couple of days I feel like I'm going insane. Because I remember you trying to taste the music off my favourite record and then grinning at me. I remember secret pathways through the neighbours and I remember one pair of stupid jeans. I remember laughing like a lunatic at all the lunatics we see that no one else can. And the single ladies stomp and always dancing and laughing and grinning. And the way you used to shake when you saw me, passing me CDs but not anymore. I think you asked me once. I don't know.

Brisbane! Deerhunter are coming to the Zoo on June 13th, I know right? Best news ever! I'm expecting this to be my favourite night of the year, from one of my favourite bands.

No comments: