Friday, October 23, 2009

Someone in my dictionary's up to no good, I can never find the very, special words I should

GRIN MAGIC'S FAVOURITE ALBUMS OF THE 00s


All these end of the decade lists popping up around various corners of the internet have made me want to jump on this retrospective band wagon. Because it would be impossible for me put my favourites in order I've decided to give a song and album with a short write up about why I love it, in no particular order, approximately one a week till the end of the year.



Animal Collective's Feels is pretty perfect, it's all real emotions like longing and heartbreak and awe shining through in a way that I've never really heard in any other music. Animal Collective have this uncanny ability to express every good, bad, fucked up spectrum of human emotion until it gets to a point where I'm floudering around looking unrecognisably at myself. I really don't know how they do it. Probably just by being unpretentious and generally cool guys who, you know, get. it.


Animal Collective - Banshee Beat

[myspace]
[buy]

No comments: